I decided that I'd better take stock of my year and what all I managed to accomplish. This meant looking back on that list of Crafty Resolutions I made at the beginning of the year and seeing how I did. Let's take a look together, shall we?
Crafty Resolutions for 2007:
- Complete one amulet bag. NOPE
- Learn tubular peyote stitch and complete one piece. NOPE
- Learn Ndebele/herringbone stitch and complete one project. NOPE
- Complete two complex Eni Oken tutorials (cuff, necklace) and then complete my own variations on her technique. NOPE (not off to a very good start, am I?
- Buy kit/supplies for PMC and complete two pieces. YEP/NOPE (bought everything, haven't done more than pull it all out of the box and oogle it every now and again...but I did receive a PMC book with DVD for Christmas this year, so we'll see what 2008 holds)
- Complete one new metal jewelry piece (cold connection or soldered). NOPE
- Take "Solder 101" class from Metal's Edge Studio. YEP
- Learn basic crochet. YEP (that's what I was doing when I pinched a nerve...)
- Learn to crochet using beads and wire. YEP (with beads)/NOPE (with wire)
- Paint "Zoo" sign letters and Coca-Cola tray. NOPE
- Woodburing: complete two simple projects such as wall plaques or a trinket box. NOPE
- Learn to sew using the sewing machine. YEP
- Learn Byzantine weave and at least one other chain maille weave. NOPE
- Sell 5 items (not for charity or to family). YEP (actually, I sold a few more than 5 even)
- Have a small in-home show by August. NOPE
- Learn to use all the Knifty Knitter looms I have bought in 2006. YEP (though I haven't really made anything, just played with each one)
- Master some complex macrame knotting (micro macrame) and complete one project. NOPE (instead, I admired KnotGypsy's work)
- Post to Blog at least once every week (and get the links set up, add more pictures, etc). um, NOPE
I don't know about you, but I'm seeing way more red up there than blue (11 NOPE's, 5 YEP's, and 2 YEP/NOPE's). But that's okay. I may not have accomplished all my crafty goals for the year, but I did manage to lose 30lbs this year, and that wasn't even a resolution!! ;D (Not that that last part has anything to do with beading or crafting, I'm just very proud and had to share with the few readers I have.) But, this is not something I'm going to beat myself up over. Its been a good gauge of how I work (or don't, as the case may be). Oh, and I blame most of the lack on Swap-Bot, I keep finding new crafts to try there. Shame on Swap-Bot for taking me away from my beadwork. Bad Swap-Bot, no cookie.
I'll be thinking of new resolutions for 2008 (and trust me, it will be a much shorter list) and will post them sometime after the New Year. If you are working on a list of beading or crafting resolutions for your blog, leave us a link in the comments.
Thanks for reading and happy beading! (Hopefully, I'll be back to beading myself soon).