Anyone who reads my blog (all what, 4 of you? ;D) has probably read about my crafty resolutions for 2007 and know that I didn't do so well. But that's okay, I'm cool with that. It has helped me to come up with a better list of goals for 2008. I've learned I must be a bit more vague about my goals, less pressure to actually complete something tangible that way. ;P That and I'm only going to list the beading/jewelry making resolutions here. If you want to read some of my other crafty resolutions, go and check out my Crafting Under a Cactus blog (link is off to the right there).
So, here they are, in no particular order. Drum roll please!
- Experiment with PMC and make one small item
- Spiral rope using one of those great lampwork focal beads I bought off Etsy
- Experiment with wire rings
- Learn one complex beading stitch (tubular peyote, herringbone, weaves, etc)
- Complete one piece using the stitch above
- Complete one bead crochet piece (now that I know how to do this)
- Experiment with resin
- Experiment more with metals (cold connections/soldering, actually finishing something...)
- Buy more delicas!! (that one shouldn't be too hard, eh?)
- Experiment more with wire pieces
- Get a total of 10 pieces listed on my Etsy site by the end of the year
- Work on a holiday line beginning in August
See, most are pretty vague, lots of experimenting I want to do without the pressure to actually complete a whole piece. We'll see how I do.
Thanks for reading and happy beading!