But this year, I decided to make a different set of resolutions - Crafter's Resolutions. I wanted to share those resolutions with you this week. Maybe it will inspire you to make a few of your own.
- Complete one amulet bag. (I have so many patterns but I have yet to actually try one out and complete one). [BEADS]
- Learn tubular peyote stitch and complete one piece (necklace or bracelet). [BEADS]
- Learn Ndebele/herringbone stitch and complete one project. [BEADS]
- Complete two complex Eni Oken tutorials (cuff, necklace) and then complete my own variations on her technique. [WIRE]
- Buy kit/supplies for PMC and complete two pieces. [CLAY/METAL]
- Complete one new metal jewelry piece (cold connection or soldered). [METAL]
- Take "Solder 101" class from Metal's Edge Studio. [METAL]
- Learn basic crochet. [KNIT/CROCHET]
- Learn to crochet using beads and wire. [KNIT/CROCHET, WIRE]
- Paint "Zoo" sign letters and Coca-Cola tray. [OTHER CRAFT]
- Woodburing: complete two simple projects such as wall plaques or a trinket box. [OTHER CRAFT]
- Learn to sew using the sewing machine (that I bought after the New Year 2006....). [SEWING]
- Learn Byzantine weave and at least one other chain maille weave. [WIRE]
- Sell 5 items (not for charity or to family). [BUSINESS/MARKETING]
- Have a small in-home show by August. [BUSINESS/MARKETING]
- Learn to use all the Knifty Knitter looms I have bought in 2006. [KNIT/CROCHET]
- Master some complex macrame knotting (micro macrame) and complete one project.
- Post to Blog at least once every week (and get the links set up, add more pictures, etc).
Whew! That's quite the list, I know. But I think these are pretty good and attainable goals for the next year. It will be interesting to see just how many I actually complete and what gets tossed by the wayside. I will have to do a recap at the end of the year and share just how many I accomplished. Wish me luck!
So, what are your beading/crafting resolutions for the new year? Setting some goals for yourself, whether its to learn new techniques or just to get more organized or to sell more, are a wonderful way to take stock of where you are, where you are going, and where you want to be in 2007.
Thanks for reading and happy beading!